WaA call for papers: Water knowledge and governance
18th issue now available
The 18th issue (Vol. 7 Issue 1) is now available. Its offers a Special Issue titled "Informal Space in the Urban Waterscape". Click here to access the table of contents and pdf of articles.
Call for papers: Critical thinking on the 'nexus'
|Special issue: Critical Thinking on the ‘New Security Convergence’ in Energy, Food, Climate and Water: Is the Nexus Secure … and for Whom?|
Access WaA articles through a map
WaA articles can also be accessed through a map. Click on the locations marked with a yellow pin to access case studies from that country.
View WaA case studies in a larger map
Join the Water Alternatives network
Water Alternatives is a free-access journal. By registering you will make sure you receive alerts each time a new issue is posted as well as calls for papers; and you will get pre-view access to papers: click here to register and join the Water Alternatives network . Registration takes 30 sec and is burdenless
|Special issue: Water Grabbing? Focus on the (Re)appropriation of Finite Water Resources|
Why this journal?
WaA is an interdisciplinary journal addressing the full range of issues that water raises in contemporary societies. Its ambition is to provide space for alternative and critical thinking on such issues (see our manifesto for more details).
WaA welcomes contributions that address any dimension of water resources development, management and use, and their relations with society and the environment. Subject coverage includes (but is not limited to):
- Water policy at global and national levels
- Water governance and water reforms
- The politics of everyday water management (irrigation, watershed, etc.)
- Water knowledge systems, concepts and discourses
- Water and economics
- The politics of water provision and use
- Water, environment and society
- Water, technology and society
- Water, globalization and geopolitics
- Water, power and social divisions: gender, class, ethnicity
WaA offers four distinct rubrics:
- Scholarly articles (Articles)
- Short articles that are not academic in scope and may reflect some opinion (Viewpoints)
- Book reviews (Reviews)
- Responses to earlier articles (Responses).
As a worldwide high-quality peer-reviewed eJournal, WaA offers the following advantages:
- Full and free access to articles, ensuring worldwide outreach and intellectual multiplier effect.
- Reduced time interval between acceptance of articles and their publication online: we will propose new articles three times per year, time lag between approval of articles and publication will in most cases not exceed 4 months. In addition, articles will be made available as soon as they reach the final stage of production to registered users, who may access articles (preview).